Technology has changed the way we do business. Organizations of all types rely more and more on interconnected technology to conduct business. Concerned about the security and stability of your company's critical data? If so, consider the following statistics:
It is not that the wind is blowing, it is what the wind is blowing - Ron White
- In the past two years, Over 50 percent of businesses experienced an unforeseen interruption, and the vast majority (81%) of these interruptions caused the business to be closed one or more days.1
- 80 percent of businesses suffering a major disaster go out of business in three years, while 40 percent of businesses that experience a critical IT failure go out of business within one year. In the case of suffering a fire, 44 percent of enterprises fail to reopen and 33 percent of these failed to survive beyond 3 years.2
- Companies are still failing to put strategic contingency plans in place. Analysts from Hughes Marketing Group have found that over the course of a month, 90 percent of small companies (fewer than 100 employees) spend less than 8 hours planning or managing their business continuity plans.3
- Vendors offering disaster recovery solutions have stated that between 60 and 70 percent of all problems that disrupt business are due to internal malfunctions of hardware or software, or human errors that may lead to fraud.4
- According to Timesavers International studies, the catastrophe most businesses experience is not fire, flood or earthquake, but rather something much more insidious—malware. In 2008,the United States was the top country for overall malicious activity, making up 23 percent of the total.5
- 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster. 50% of businesses that found themselves without data management for this same time period filed for bankruptcy immediately.6
- Companies that aren’t able to resume operations within ten days (of a disaster hit) are not likely to survive.7
- Every week 140,000 hard drives crash in the United States.8
- 31% of PC users have lost all of their files due to events beyond their control.
- 34% of companies fail to test their tape backups, and of those that do, 77% have found tape backup failures.
Learn more about how Pivotal IT's managed backup solutions can provide peace of mind, no matter what the wind is blowing.
1 “2009 Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Survey”. 2 www.usfst.com “Hidden Threats to Enterprise” 3 “2009 Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Survey”. 4 www.usfst.com “Hidden Threats to Enterprise” 5 Symantec Global Security Threat Report: Trends for 2008 6 National Archives & Records Administration in Washington 7 Strategic Research Institute 8 Mozy Online Backup
Duncan, Gaffney, Hendersonville or Asheville with questions about Managed Technology Services?
Drop us a line or give us a call - We're happy to help!
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Pivotal IT is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Pivotal IT with appropriate and specific direction to the original content